Diet-Free Living is a six-week class series for adults who are ready to break free from diet prison and make peace with food. Based on the newly released workbook, "Taste the Sweet Rebellion - Rebel Against Dieting" - by registered dietitians, Kait Fortunato, Dana Magee, and Rebecca Bitzer - class content includes:
hunger - and how to handle each.
- Why diets always fail - and why it's not your fault!
- Unraveling the tangled web of nutrition confusion - nutrition basics made simple, without the fads and hype!
- How to tell the difference between emotional and physical
- Learning to trust your body to tell you when, what and how much to eat.
- How to enjoy eating all of your favorite foods - without guilt.
- Tips and tools to help make it easier to prepare quick, easy and delicious meals and snacks - recipes included!
- Specific tools to help you become more self-accepting.
- Finding your body's healthy, natural weight.
This is not a diet class. The focus will be on improving your relationship with food and moving toward self acceptance and living your life now, not waiting until "X pounds from now". If you don't have another diet left in you, and are ready to live free in a world of food, this class is for you.
Cost: $205 for the 6-week series. Class cost includes the book "Taste the Sweet Rebellion" and notebook with class handouts. Sign up with a friend and save $10 each - $195 per registration.
Comments from Diet-Free Living class participants:
"You have changed my life! I know I still have a ways to go but this is a journey and I am excited to finally be on the right path."
-D.P. - past class participant
"Taking the class was a life-changing event for me. It was exactly what I needed, to learn how to get in touch with my hunger and what to do about it."
-J. 2-time class participant
"For the first time that I can remember, there is candy in my desk
drawer that will last longer than a day. I am so much more relaxed
and happy about food."
-N., past class and discussion group participant
"This class is definitely one that is needed for all, especially women.
This program shares/promotes a better, common sense way of dealing with eating."
-A., past class participant
"I am so grateful to have come to this class and found a real
S., past class participant
"I have completely lost my anxiety regarding food. I looked forward
to the group session each week."
-L.L. - past class participant
Group presentations available by request:
- Eating disorders prevention
- Jumping off the dieting roller coaster
- Heart healthy eating
- Nutrition for health promotion and disease prevention
- Making peace with food
- Eating on the run
- Making sense of food labels
- Healthy meals in minutes
1414 W. Franklin St.
Phone (208) 342-2228
Fax (208) 343-0889