My Professional Background
My goal has always been to do exactly what I'm doing now - work in a private practice setting with individuals who are motivated to make changes and improve their health. In the 15 years leading up to opening my private practice in 2004, I was fortunate to gain experience in a variety of settings. I worked several years at an endocrinology / internal medicine practice where I had the opportunity to do extensive group and individual diabetes education. I was introduced to an innovative non-restrictive approach to eating early in my career, and have been using this approach with clients for over 20 years. I also spent time working with the WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program as well as working in a preventive wellness setting for a county wellness program. I worked for 10 years combined at St. Luke's and Saint Alphonsus Medical Centers in Boise, providing nutrition education in a variety of settings, primarily individual and group education as outpatient dietitian.
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics, California State University, Chico, 1987
- Dietetic Internship (44 weeks), Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1988
- Master of Science in Adult and Organizational Learning, University of Idaho, 2005
- Certified Diabetes Educator since 1992
- Certified Eating Disorders Registered Dietitian since 2012
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Sports and Cardiovascular Nutritionists of the Academy
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs of the Academy
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine of the Academy
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals
- International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians
I attend education conferences and workshops regularly. The events that I've participated in most recently are:
May 2-3, 2013: Idaho Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics annual meeting, Boise, ID.
February 1-2, 2013: Center for Change Eating Disorders Conference: "Eating Disorder Treatment at the Core: Body Image, Self Connection and Identity", Orem, UT.
November 8-10, 2012: Renfrew Eating Disorders Conference - "Exploring Controversy, Building Collaboration", Philadelphia, PA.
July 19, 2012: INR Home Study Course: "Food Cravings and Appetite Control".
June 21, 2012: Helm Publishing Self Study Course: "The Dietitian's Guide to Polycystic Ovary Disease".
March 29-April 1, 2012: Advanced Eating Disorder Boot Camp for Dietitians, Fort Worth, TX.
January 27-28, 2012: Center for Change Eating Disorders Conference: "Creating Success in Recovery: Wise Navigation in the Continuum of Care", Orem, UT.
November 4, 2011: Diabetes and Women's Health Conference, Boise, ID.
April 27-29, 2011: Idaho Dietetic Association Annual Preconference and Meeting, Boise, ID.
March 4-5, 2011: Molly Kellogg's Counseling Intensive, Seattle, WA.
March 6, 2011: Donald Altman's Steps to Mindful Eating: Making Peace with Eating, Body and Weight, Seattle, WA.
January 28-29, 2011: Center for Change Eating Disorders Conference: "Putting the Pieces Together . . . . An Integrated Approach", Orem, UT.
1414 W. Franklin St., Boise, ID 83702
Phone (208) 342-2228 Fax (208) 343-0889